Monday, 5 March 2012

Bold Color on a Cold Winter Day in New England!

Hope everyone here at The Flower Bed had a good weekend. Here in New England, it's been strange. All of February was downright balmy and warm, and now March, it's FREEZING COLD out there. BUT, have no fear, the weatherman is predicting mid 60s by Thursday * woohoo!

Over the weekend, I brightened things up by finishing this wreath. Dug into my stash of crocheted flowers and embellished them with vintage rhinestone & pearl jewelry. From a thrifted sweater that didn't fit . . . to this!




I'm really happy with the way it turned out! Stop by My Blog for more photos and info.  Hope you all have a wonderful week!

Patrice

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous..adore the button? centres
    Beautiful work c

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patrice, what a fantastic idea, you did a great job.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super!
    Liebe Grüße,*Manja*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. Stunning colour combination.

    cheers
    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Joan, having trouble commenting on your Just Joan site I thought I'd try here. Interesting blog, it's the first time I've visited. No need to apologise about the kindle - each to their own and all that. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice color combination!
    Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this,great colours. I'm now looking through my wardrobe to see what i can cut up to make the wreath. It does look cheerful and a good way to use up flower stashes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Everyone, for the kind words :)
    Sue, they are indeed, buttons AND old clip on earrings in the flower centers. The top and bottom of the floral "spray" have a vintage rhinestone clip to frame the flowers.

    Hope everyone is having a great day, and Marjo, I hope you're feeling well!

    xo Patrice

    ReplyDelete
  9. During winter, finding the best heating oil bargain will require some research.



    Heating oil Newburyport

    ReplyDelete

The flower Bed is now open again all comments are moderated so spam WILL NOT GET THROUGH so please stop wasting my time.
Thanks to all genuine members for your support