Sunday, 4 March 2012

3 layer flowers into brooches

Hi all.

This is my first post on this blog.

I have to say that I have admired and drooled over all the work posted on here.  I am in awe of it, and feel slightly humbled to post my contribution.

I am relatively new to crochet (about 2 years).
I'm a Scot, living in the land of Oz, in the Southern Highlands of NSW.

I write my own blog at Teacups and Tiskets -  mainly about crochet and craft.  But a bit of other stuff mixed in.

I love crochet flowers, but havent made anything out of any yet.
So posting this has had a good effect for two reasons.

1. I have dragged my discarded flowers out of the box and have been turning them into brooches.

2. Not knowing what to do with all the brooches, I decided to take a local shop keeper up on her offer and have packaged them up to sell in her shop.  You don't know unless you try, now do you?

Anyway, I found a lovely flower tutorial by, I think, Annette Pevatty (you could find it by googling her name), and then I changed the pattern to suit my liking and turned them into brooches.


Some flowers 'pre' brooch making.






Some of my button collection.




Choosing some felt to use as a backing










Pretty maids all in a row.




I liked the muted colour choice of this one.




But my friend liked the bright.





And my daughter likes the grey/yellow combo


We'll see how they go, but I had lots of fun making them

And, of course, lots of ideas for MORE!


cheers
Fi

9 comments:

  1. Hi Fi, those are smashing well done you ;-) Love the colour combinations i betthey will sell well. Just popping over to your blog now. dee x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love these flowers. Well done!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing an amazing job, they are just perfect.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m impressed. The link for Annette Petavy is
    http://www.annettepetavy.com/pages/en/newsletter/201005.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are really lovely Fiona ! Well done & hope you sell LOADS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing all your beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty...hope you sell out x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Fi! I am so glad you joined the group, everyone here is as lovely as the flowers they make. Your idea to make your flowers into brooches is clever, and how wonderful that a friend has wanted you to sell them in her shop!
    (((HUGS))) Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete

The flower Bed is now open again all comments are moderated so spam WILL NOT GET THROUGH so please stop wasting my time.
Thanks to all genuine members for your support