Wednesday, 3 August 2011

Japanese Flower Scarf

Hello Lovely Ladies,

I just finished making a Japanese flower scarf for my mom. My original thoughts were to make the scarf two rows wide, but after receiving feedback from other crocheters, I went with the one row and was very glad I did. The flowers are quite big and two rows would have been too thick for this scarf.

  After laying the scarf out like this, I noticed the dark rose colored flowers match up, and I did not want that to happen! Better planning next time. When I tried the scarf on, the dark rose color looked like the predominant color, which was not the look I was going for. I wanted a variety of colors to show.

I decided one more flower needed to be added



 I added another flower with light pink petals and made the scarf 12 flowers long. The scarf is longer than needed but usually my mom doubles it up by folding it in half.


I will be sending it off to my mom shortly. Hopefully she does not have to use it anytime soon!

Statistics for the Scarf:
  • 12 flowers long
  • 7 different colors
  • Lion Brand Vanna's choice yarn
  • I used a Boye H hook, 5.00MM
  • Length 75.5inches/191cm
  • Connect-as-you-go petals

Happy Wednesday!
xo Susan

11 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! I love your choice of colors! Annette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    oh, it's very nice,
    greetings Crissi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this scarf, beautiful colors :)
    Did you get your sewing machine yet?
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Que lindo!
    Abraços.

    Silmara
    www.casaefogao.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving those colors ! (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's beautiful! I love your choice of colors! Annette

    send gifts to pakistan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job Susan, love it.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is lovely and gorgeous! My project got put away but I hope to get back to it very soon -- and thanks for the tip about one row. We'll see -- I'm tall so I might be able to carry off more :)

    ReplyDelete

The flower Bed is now open again all comments are moderated so spam WILL NOT GET THROUGH so please stop wasting my time.
Thanks to all genuine members for your support