Monday, 7 March 2011

FLower Pattern as Requested

Good Morning, Flower Lovers!

On my first post last week, a few of you asked if I'd share this pattern.






This beauty on Ravelry and This one too,  were my inspiration, but I don't own this Japanese Crochet Book, so I read through the comments all the way down to October of 2009 and found this adaptation from SAPIRCH on Ravelry. I hope it's okay to post it here, I did send her a message on Ravelry but it doesn't appear that she's an active member any longer. So SAPIRCH if you are out there, thank you for posting this back in October, 2009.

"I also love this shawl and the scarf ishi posted. I tried the suggested pattern, but it didn’t look quite right to me. Each petal needs to “twist” so it overlaps the previous one. So, I worked a bit on it, and this is what I came up with:
Chain 4. Slip stitch in first chain to make ring.
Round 1: Chain 2. Eleven sc into ring. Slip stitch in Ch2 to end round.
Round 2: {Slip stitch in next sc. Chain 10, slip stitch into same sc. Working “backward” into 10-chain loop, insert hook into center of 10-chain loop, yo, bring hook to front of loop, and sc into “front” side of loop (the one on the right). Then hdc, 8dc, chain 3, 8dc, Hdc, sc to make petal. Slip stitch into next sc in previous round.} Repeat{} five times.
I hope I wrote that right!
Let me know how this works for you."

Hope that helps those that asked for the pattern . . . . ENJOY!

11 comments:

  1. I love them! I have some cotton yarn that would be perfect to use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the pattern.
    Greetings from Scotland
    Shippy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love these, thanks for sharing the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for sharing the pattern with us!
    Send you many Greetings,
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brill...thanks for sharing the pattern...an aim of THE FLOWER BED...sharing
    And such a cute flower too
    Thanks
    SX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much! I did not really want to think this hard tonight on how to make this flower, so glad I found this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's also a similar flower here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/croco-flower

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for the pattern i'm going to try this

    ReplyDelete
  9. The flowers are so pretty! I'm having trouble with the math, though. Do the 8dc go in one of the 10 chains? I seem to only be able to fit half of Rnd 2 in my 10 chains.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, you don't crochet them into the individual chains. You crochet them into the loop itself, so that you can slide the stitches around on the entirety of the 10 chain.

      Delete

The flower Bed is now open again all comments are moderated so spam WILL NOT GET THROUGH so please stop wasting my time.
Thanks to all genuine members for your support